This is Dr James Anderson's 1927 Junior Tourer, pictured at the Queen Elizabeth Park, near Winchester. This was the first of the Singer Junior Models, with rod operated brakes on the rear wheels only, and featuring the 848cc overhead camshaft engine, the basic design of which powered the Singer range through the very successful Le Mans cars right up to the 1957 Gazelles. (Thereafter, Rootes engines were used.)
The car has magneto ignition and runs very well, with a top speed of 45-50mph. Currently it is fitted with an SU side draught carburetter, but Dr Anderson still has the original brass, prettier looking Solex for exhibition purposes. He also has the original engine numbered 2846 as listed in the "buff" logbook, which gives the date of first registration as 30/06/27, and lists the previous owners back to 1946, when the car belonged to Mary T O'Donaghue from Castle Donnington. Mary sold it to Ronald Jeffries of Leicester in 1957. There were 4 or 5 more owners before Dr Anderson bought "Pearl" in 1992.